K-State plays the first game of the Chris Klieman era against Nicholls State at Bill Snyder Family Stadium on August 31st, 2019. Here are 10 fun facts I found out about Nicholls State.
1) Nicholls has two “Ls” in it. I typed it twice with one “L” until I went to their website and saw I was spelling it incorrectly!
2) They are located in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
3) Their graduation rate is 41%. I thought this was low, so I looked up K-State’s graduation rate and it is 59% in comparison.
4) They beat KU 26-23 in overtime in Lawrence on September 1, 2018.
5) Their mascot is the Colonel Tillou. And he’s creepy.
6) They won the Southland Conference (FCS) in 2018 with a 9-4 overall and 7-2 conference record.
7) They lost in the second round of the FCS playoffs in 2018, losing 42-21 to Eastern Washington.
8) They are the favorites to win the Southland Conference in 2019 and are ranked number 12 in the FCS preseason poll.
9) They have an enrollment of 5,278.
10) Their campus is located on the grounds of the now defunct Acadia Plantation. Kind of an interesting history of the area if you want to check it out.
Next up, Bowling Green!